Latest News
recent

Money trail submitted to Supreme Court is simply explained and transparent: Imran



  • PTI chief claims that he paid his taxes regularly while being abroad;
  • Slams Kh Asif for levelling 'baseless' accusations against SKMCH
  • People think I am an honest man so they give donations to SKMCH;
  • Shameful to make fabricated comparisons between him and Nawaz



ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan refuted on Sunday allegations of money laundering and tax evasion, claiming his money trail was complete and submitted in the Supreme Court.
"I earned money abroad and brought it back to the country and purchased Bani Gala land from that money and I want to show you all the documents," the cricketer-turned politician told media persons outside his residence in Islamabad just a day after news of his 'incomplete money trail' made headlines in the media.
Claiming that he paid his taxes regularly while being aboard, Imran said he had declared his London apartment long ago. However, the case filed against him by the ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) raised questions on the money trail for purchase of his offshore property.
The PTI leader lamented that the rulers were using a private media house to propagate lies against him. "Impression is being given to the people that my money trail is incomplete but in reality it is not," he said, adding that he submitted all the relevant record in the Supreme Court.
"The money to purchase the London apartment came through Jemimah [Imran's ex-wife]," the PTI chief said, adding that the details of those transactions have been submitted in the apex court.
Showing various documents to prove his money trail, Imran said: "The money from the flat's sale was given to Jemimah who sent it to Pakistan."
Slamming Minister for Defence Khawaja Asif for levelling 'baseless' accusations against Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital (SKMCH), established by Imran, the PTI leader said if people trusted him with their money.
"People think I am an honest man that is why they give donations to SKMCH," he added. "If I were in the government I would investigate allegations of corruption against any charitable institution instead of levelling false and baseless allegations."
Agencies add: 
"My money trail simply explained and transparent," Khan said in a series of tweets on Sunday.
"Shameful to make fabricated comparisons between NS', who is guilty of money laundering, tax evasion & assets concealment, & myself," he said. "I made legit earnings by playing cricket abroad: UK county cricket & Kerry Packer World Series plus cricket in NSW. All docs submitted to SC."
"I have provided all money trail to SC from cricket earnings incl benefit year in Sussex 1987 to the purchase/mortgage/sale of London flat." "Jemima also provided decades old banking records viz Bani Gala - all submitted before SC. Unlike Sharif clan my money trail is all there."
"In fact I have provided financial details far beyond that asked for in the petition filed against me by PMLN because I have nothing to hide."
"Unlike Sharifs, who are also guilty of perjury & forgery besides corruption, I brought back my foreign earnings to Pak & all in my own name," he said.
"Criminal how MSR in his newspapers has referred to this certification of how much I was paid for the Packer World Series as a Qatari letter." 
"Incidentally Asif Iqbal and Miandad have both confirmed they were also paid this amount." 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.